May 18, 2018
Counterpoints Arts is the leading national organisation in the field of arts, migration and social change.
We support and produce the arts by and about migrants and refugees, seeking to ensure that their contributions are recognized and welcomed within British arts, history and culture.
The range of Counterpoints Arts’ work has grown considerably since its foundation in 2012 and we are looking to strengthen our Trustee Board to support an ambitious strategic plan.
We want to recruit trustees with skills and experience that will complement those of existing board members. We are also keen, in line with our values and mission, to increase the ethnic diversity of our board and to attract recent migrants and refugees on to the board.
The sort of people we are looking for include:
- People with arts sector management experience or experience of commissioning in major arts institutions
- People who could help us access new sources of funding, in particular from high-value individual donors or the corporate sector
- People with a background in arts digital, tech or new media
Counterpoints Arts aims to attract and retain talented people from all backgrounds. We particularly encourage applications from black, Asian, ethnic minority, and disabled applicants as these groups are currently underrepresented in the cultural sector.
The full Board meets once each quarter for an average of 2 hours. Trustees are then required to commit the time necessary to follow up on agreed action points. In addition, Counterpoints Arts may organise more structured meetings to discuss specific matters and strategy directly. Trustees are invited to attend the events organised by Counterpoints Arts.
- A commitment to the aims and overall mission of Counterpoints Arts
- Experience in one of the following:
– arts sector management experience or experience of commissioning in major arts institutions
– accessing new sources of funding, in particular from high-value individual donors or the corporate sector
– digital, tech or new media in the arts
- A willingness to devote the necessary time and effort
- An understanding and acceptance of the legal duties, responsibilities and liabilities of trusteeship
- An openness to share with Counterpoints Arts your extended expertise pathways and networks
- An ability to work effectively as a member of a Board and to take decisions for the good of Counterpoints Arts
To find out more or express your interest in this non-exec opportunity, please contact / send your CV and a letter of interest to firstname.lastname@example.org with ‘Trustee Application’ as the subject. The deadline for applications is midnight on Sunday 10th of June 2018. Contrary to what is written on artsjobs.org.uk, the deadline is the 10th and not 8th.